For any enthusiastic hunter, it is familiar and straightforward to get lost in the moment. Many who love the outdoors particularly fancy the appeal of getting out into nature and forgetting about having to be anywhere on time. However, it is also relatively common for them to get physically lost in the woods. And that is why GPS watches are much appreciated and are gaining popularity among active outdoorsmen such as fishermen, backcountry skiers, and hikers.
Besides time, the best smartwatch for hunting can now give you the current temperature, path tracking with the topo maps, weather conditions, and exact GPS location. These modern watches are feature-packed and go beyond just telling the time. They are also convenient while keeping you safe outdoors. Below are five of the top-ranking smartwatches for hunting and fishing.
- List of The Best Smartwatches for Hunting
- Final Verdict on Choosing The Best Huning Smartwatch
List of The Best Smartwatches for Hunting
1. SUUNTO Traverse Alpha - Best Smartwatch for Hunting
Your hunt for a great outdoor is finally over with the Suunto Traverse Alpha. This watch features a reinforced composite glass fiber for the case, a scratch-resistant sapphire crystal, stainless-steel pushers, and bezels, and a water-resistant nylon strap. This rugged design makes it well suited for outdoor use. Moreover, it offers water resistance up to 100 meters, so you have nothing to worry about. It falls for a military smartwatch as it meets all the MIL-STD-810G military standards.
You can, therefore, rest assured that it is built to last. Also, it is compatible with both IOS and Android for easy operation and enhanced user-friendliness. It is well packed with all the features and functions a hunter will need while outdoors. All its navigation features make it the best smartwatch for hunting and fishing.
On top of that, this Suunto hunting watch comes with a unique automatic shot detection, which is useful as it keeps track of when and where you shoot. The cutting-edge technology employed is reliable as it uses the accelerometer in the watch to analyze your movement patterns and the gun recoil movement. It comes inclusive of an altimeter, barometer, and compass for enhanced functionality.
The GPS/GLONASS route navigation will keep you from getting lost in the woods. It also shows some hunting points of interest as well as a route preview and route altitude profile. Furthermore, this GPS watch for hunting comes with essential watch functions such as alarms to get up at the right time and top hunting GPS to make it usable in the woods.
- Route preview and route altitude profile
- Altimeter, barometer, and compass
- GPS/GLONASS route navigation
- Night vision google compatible.
- IOS and Android compatible
- Automatic shot detection
- This watch employs the latest cutting-edge technology for accuracy.
- It also features essential watch functions such as alarms.
- This watch is compatible with both IOS and Android.
- It has a rugged design to hold up to outdoor use.
- It has all the features a hunter will need.
- It does not have a low battery indicator.
2. Garmin Fenix 5x plus - Best GPS Watch for Hunting and Fishing
Garmin Fenix 5X Plus has been reviewed as one of the best outdoor smartwatches in the market. It is designed exclusively for sporty outdoor persons with a lot of convenient outdoor features. Firstly, it has a rugged construction with the diamond-like carbon or stainless-steel titanium bezel, silicone strap, scratch-resistant domed sapphire crystal lens, and reinforced polymer case with a metal rear. You can count on this Fenix 5 for hunting to withstand harsh hunting conditions.
Other features include an altimeter, barometer, and compass to aid in your hunting. The built-in GPS will keep you from getting lost in the woods with included TOPO maps that will guide your adventure. This watch is the ultimate multisport on-wrist trainer for athletes and outdoor adventurers.
What’s more, this feature-packed smartwatch is equipped with Trendline popularity routing, which comes in handy to give you an idea of which route you are following. For music lovers, you can store up to 500 songs to listen to in your adventure. This Garmin hunting watch is compatible with both IOS and Android smart devices for enhanced functionality. The Fenix 5 for hunting comes with a heart rate monitor, so you can always keep tabs on your health.
Furthermore, a wrist-based pulse Ox Acclimation sensor provides awareness of your estimated blood oxygen saturation levels. The battery has a decent life of up to 20 days in smartwatch mode and 13 hours in GPS mode with the music function. Also, there is the convenient Garmin Pay for contactless payment from your watch. All the many features included here make it the best GPS watch for hunting and fishing.
- Wrist-based Pulse Ox acclimation sensor
- Preloaded TOPO maps
- Heart rate monitor
- Decent battery life
- Rugged design
- It comes with preloaded TOPO maps and Trendline popularity to help you find and follow the best paths.
- It is designed with your health in mind with the heart rate monitor and pulse Ox acclimation sensor.
- The Garmin Pay allows for contactless payment with your watch.
- You can easily store and play up to 500 songs on this watch.
- It is fit for adventure with a rugged design.
- This smartwatch is built to last.
- It does not connect reliably with smartphones.
3. Casio G-Shock Camo Sport Watch - Best Outdoor Smartwatch
Casio G-Shock Camo Sport Watch may be your ultimate hunting partner. Usually, camouflage clothing is their attire choice for some hunters while outdoors. This smartwatch will perfectly blend in. this digital G-shock watch is feature-rich with many useful functions, especially for hunting and fishing- all these and more at an affordable price.
Moreover, just like all G-shock watches, it comes with the signature shock resistance making it extra durable, along with the rugged construction consisting of a silicone strap, mineral crystal window, resin case, and water resistance to 200m. You can now go swimming, jet skiing, surfing, or even take a shower with this watch with no worries.
Additionally, this Casio hunting watch features an LED backlight for easy visibility in low light conditions as well as a flash alert. It offers basic watch features such as a count-down timer, stopwatch, world time, multi-time, and much more. You can set five daily alarms to keep time, a full auto calendar, and 12 and 24-hour formats. These are valuable features required for the best hunting smartwatch while out in the woods.
The silicone band with buckle closure is comfortable and offers a snug fit to any user. This watch is designed for Quartz movement with a digital display. It can be worn on any occasion with shock-resistance construction to protect it from any impact and vibration.
- 20-bar water resistance
- Convenient backlight
- Quartz movement
- Shock resistance
- Five daily alarms
- Durable build
- It features five daily alarms, 12- and 24-hour format, and a full auto-calendar for enhanced functionality.
- This watch has a silicone band with buckle closure for a comfortable wearing experience.
- 20-bar water resistance allows you to participate in water activities.
- G-shock shock resistance protects it from any impact and vibration.
- The backlight helps you view the time in low light conditions.
- It has a rugged design for extended durability.
- GPS Problems
Luminox 3051.BO Navy Seal is an excellent addition to your hunting gear. It is a simple yet durable watch for your hunting needs. This watch features water resistance to up to 200 meters with a rugged and durable construction composed of a rubber strap, a mineral crystal dial window, and a PC carbon reinforced case.
Moreover, this hunting partner features a polymer unidirectional rotating bezel if you fancy such watches. This model is well suited for hunting with the stealth all-black design that easily fits in with camo. It is an excellent all-round tactical watch with features many hunters are looking for. The black dial has luminous hands and black Arabic numeral hour markers.
Besides that, this navy seal watch has a date display at the 3 o’clock position, so you can always keep tabs on the day of the week. Also, it is comfortable for all-day wear and long hours in the woods. That is the smartwatch for smarter and safer hunting. The 3051 is the original navy seal watch with all the signature Seal features, making it one of the best hunting watches.
- Polymer unidirectional rotating bezel
- Scratch-resistant mineral crystal
- Swiss-Quartz movement
- 200-m water resistance
- Rugged design
- Date display
- It is an excellent all-round tactical watch.
- The stealth all-black design easily fits in with camo.
- It is comfortable for all-day wear.
- This watch is built to last.
- It does not have a low battery indicator.
- No GPS
5. LBJ Outdoor compass watch - Best Military Outdoor Watch
LBJ Outdoor compass watch is the ultimate hunting watch. That is particularly ideal for hunters who are on a budget but still want a functional watch. It comes with useful hunting features in a rugged design. The PU silicone strap, plastic case, Hardlex dial window, and water-resistance to 50 meters makes this watch durable.
Moreover, this smartwatch comes equipped with a thermometer, compass, barometer, and altimeter- all essential during hunting. There are basic watch functions such as alarms so you can get up early for your hunting adventures making it an impressive hunter’s watch.
Another thing is, this hunter watch is fitted with a stopwatch, count-down, step count, distance, and calories burnt for your fitness journey. This outdoors military smartwatch has a weather forecast that displays four symbols to indicate the predicted weather. The Pace and pedometer are designed to track your speed and steps so you can monitor your workout well. This pedometer has memory storage and stores data for the last seven days of step, distance, sports time, and calories.
Furthermore, this smartwatch performs essential watch functions, including dual time, 12 and 24-hour formats, dual alarms, hourly chime, date, and week. It has a backlight for easy visibility in low light conditions. The durable and breathable PU hollow band with stainless-steel buckle closure gives you a comfortable wearing experience. Moreover, this smartwatch is conveniently lightweight and comfortable.
- Altimeter, barometer, and compass
- Lightweight and comfortable
- High-quality materials
- Convenient backlight
- Weather forecasts
- Sport functions
- This sports watch has your fitness goals in mind with the step counter, distance, calories, stopwatch, and count-down.
- It serves essential watch functions such as dual alarms, dual time, date, week, hourly chime, and 12/24-hour format.
- The materials used are of premium quality for extended service use.
- The backlight is convenient for easy visibility in low light conditions.
- This watch is lightweight and comfortable for all-day wear.
- No GPS
Are GPS Smartwatches worth Hunting?
Some hunters may have experienced physically getting lost in the woods, and the fun adventure becomes a dangerous one. And that is where GPS smartwatches come in handy. This outdoor smartwatch for hunters usually comes preloaded with TOPO maps that you can use so you can always stay on the right path. The built-in GPS can help tell the exact GPS location if you are unsure where you are. This way, they make hunting safer and more secure. And that might be the reason why hunting watches with GPS are therefore essential.
What is the Best Watch for Hunting?
The most advanced watch is the Suunto Traverse Alpha. This watch can even detect gunshots to track your shots’ location and time, making it invaluable during hunting. This smartwatch combines a strong quality build with a full set of outdoor features.
It is your guide in the wild, keeping you on track with GPS/GLONASS navigation. Simultaneously, the specific hunting and fishing features provide useful tools for your activity, including moon phase calendar, red backlight, sunrise alert, and weather trend alert.
Moreover, it has a decent battery life of up to 14 days in time mode. The water-resistance of up to 100m leaves you with nothing to worry about. The materials are well selected for quality, strength, and durability for rugged outdoor use. Suunto Traverse Alpha is built for action.
Final Verdict on Choosing The Best Huning Smartwatch
Hunting is a fun outdoor activity, especially for enthusiasts. But if it is your first time, you may help figure out your way in the woods. The article above has reviewed some of the best GPS watches for hunting and other outdoor hunting watches that you can use to make the experience even better.